Culinary nutritionist, Trudy Stone teaches us how to make a delicious curried vegetable stew. This recipe is perfect for thanksgiving and to really get your family excited for warm fall-flavored dinners!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (or 1/2 tsp ground)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried brown or green lentils rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato cubed
- 1 cup carrot diced
- 1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Once hot add onions, cooking until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger thyme, oregano, and cinnamon. Stir and cook for about 1 -2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add water, lentils, sweet potato, carrots, and diced tomatoes (and their liquid) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 35 minutes or until lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over brown rice.
- Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Join the conversation