- Preheat oven to 450F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Between sheets of plastic wrap and using mallet or rolling pin, pound chicken to ½ inch thickness.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; rub to coat. Flatten evenly into circular shapes.
- Top each chicken piece with 2 tbsp of tomato sauce, ½ cup of mozzarella and 2 tbsp parmesan and any other desired toppings.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling and chicken are cooked through, about 15 – 20 minutes. Let cool slightly; top with basil, if using.
Join the conversation