- Line the bottom of a half baking tray with parchment paper.
- To make the crumb combine 1 cup of sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Then rub the butter into the flour mixture to make a crumb texture.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Then add to crumb mix.
- Now press half of the crumb mix into the bottom of the parchment lined baking tray.
- Now mix the strawberries with the cornstarch and remaining sugar. Pour the strawberries over the crumb lined tray and then cover with the remaining crumb mix.
- Bake in a 375-degree pre heated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Until the top is golden and then remove from the oven and chill for 15 minutes before putting them in the fridge to firm up.
- Once they are firm cut to desired portion size and serve.
Join the conversation