- Melt butter in a pot on medium-low heat. Add onions and sweat for a few minutes before adding garlic, continue to sweat.
- Add all spices including salt and pepper to the pot and stir well for approximately a minute before adding the rice.
- Add water and bring to the boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove lid and garnish with dried fruits and almonds.
- To Make Dressing : Combine all ingredients for yogurt together and serve on the side with the rice.