- Trim fat from meat. In a large Dutch oven brown roast on all sides in hot oil. Drain off fat.
- In a medium bowl combine beef stock, water, caraway seeds, Montreal steak spice and pour over roast. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 1.5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Once the meat is cooked, let rest and slice it super thin. Reserve the Au jus sauce for dipping.
- Cut open the Kaiser roll and spread on the dijon mustard mixed with creme fraiche. Stack on the roast beef and close the Kaiser, pour the beef stock into small bowl so you can dip the sandwich into. T
- Serve with a side of plain potato chips and dip in!
Join the conversation