Miso Honey Butter
- In a bowl, combine butter, miso and honey. Mix well. Add sea salt, if desired. Spread on fresh bread, toast or use for sautéing vegetables such as mushrooms and onions. Set aside.
- Remove stem from zucchini and halve them lengthwise
- Sprinkle zucchini halves with salt; rub to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes. Dry with paper towel.
- Into large pan over medium-high heat, place zucchini flesh-side down. Press smaller pan on top to maximize surface contact. Cook until well-charred, pressing down occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Flip; cook for 2-3 additional minutes. Remove zucchini. Add miso honey butter and green onions. Cook, stirring until onions have softened slightly, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Return zucchini and toss to coat.
- Arrange zucchini onto serving platter; scrape onions over top. Sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper (if using).
Join the conversation