- In a small bowl whisk together the spice blend: cumin, coriander, turmeric, pepper, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oil and onion and sauté until golden brown, approx., 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute. Add spice blend, stirring in well.
- Add sweet potatoes and chicken broth and stir in well. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce to simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut milk, stir in, and reheat until just bubbly. Stir well. To puree or not to puree? Use a hand held immersion blender to puree about half of the mixture right in the pot. Your call: leave it as is or puree.
- Serve with finely chopped cilantro is desired.
Join the conversation