- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add flour and whisk to avoid lumps. Stir constantly until mixture is pale brown.
- Slowly add milk while whisking.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Continue to whisk until mixture becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Pour béchamel in bottom of baking dish.
- Alternate zucchini and tomato to fill dish in a fan formation until entire dish is filled.
- Sprinkle over bread crumbs, parmigiano, thyme and lemon zest.
- Bake at 325F for 30 minutes until vegetables are soft and crust is golden brown.
Join the conversation