- 1 average bunch swiss chard washed and cut – separate leaves from stems
- 2 ½ tablespoons EVOO
- 1 ½ tablespoons Ontario butter salted
- 1 clove garlic freshly minced
- ¼ cup red onion small dice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1/3 cup white wine
- ½ tsp chili flakes optional
- to season salt and black pepper crushed
- Ontario Asiago Cheese freshly grated
- lemon zest freshly grated
- In a large saute pan, bring the heat to medium-high and add oil. Once the oil is hot, melt butter and mix with oil.
- Add minced garlic and onions and sautee until translucent. Next, add in optional chili flakes.
- Add the chopped chard stems followed by white wine. Sautee for 3-4 minutes, then add the remaining chard leaves and add lemon juice. Fold all ingredients and sautee until leaves begin to wilt.
- Turn off heat.
- Add salt and crushed black pepper to season followed by asiago cheese.
- Plate, grate some additional asiago on top followed by the zest of fresh lemon peel.
Join the conversation