- 2 clusters cooked snow crab
- 1 1/2 cups canned or fresh corn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- TT kosher salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup fried rice noodles garnished on top
- 2 Thai chillies seeded and finely diced
- 4 leaves fresh basil finely chopped
- Chop the crab meat into small chunks and place them in a bowl. Set aside in the refrigerator to keep cool until needed.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add curry powder, shallot, and cook until soft and clear in color. Add the chicken stock, corn kernels, salt, and pepper to taste. Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Once it’s boiling, decrease the heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes. Add the heavy cream and let simmer.
- Transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Place it in an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a small pot add canola oil and heat to high. Approx. 350F degrees (190c). Add the rice noodles, frying them for 1-2 mins until brown and crisp. Set aside to drain excess oil.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top with the crab meat, fried noodles, Thai chilies, and fresh basil.
Join the conversation