- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large organic eggs
- 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar optional
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated Granny Smith apples
- 1 1/4 cups chunks Granny Smith apple (about 1/4")
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 8 muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the dry mix to the wet and mix.
- Gently fold in the grated apples and chopped apples.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together the ingredients for the streusel topping.
- Divide the batter evenly among the liners, filling them almost full, then sprinkle a bit of the streusel on top of each muffin and bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Join the conversation