Sea-salted Caper Butter
- Line 9×13 inch baking dish with layers of cellophane cling wrap allowing layers to hang out of sides for later wrapping. In bowl, mix salt and sugar well.
- Place larger half of salmon skin-side-down into prepared dish. Sprinkle with 1/3 of salt mixture.
- Top with beet, dill, lemon zest and lemon slices; drizzle vodka overtop. Sprinkle with 1/3 of salt mixture.
- Top with remaining salmon skin-side-up. Sprinkle with remaining salt mixture.
- Wrap as tightly as possible with overlapping cellophane. Add more layers, if leaking. Flip bundle.
- Place in refrigerator for 48 hours, flipping bundle every 12 hours.
- Sea salted caper butter – In bowl, combine butter, chopped capers and sea salt.
To slice: Scrape salmon clean and rinse. Dry well with paper towel. Slice with sharp knife into paper-thin slices. Discard skin.
Serve on dark rye bread topped with sliced gravlax, dill and fresh lemon.
Join the conversation