Tracy’s clothing provided by Freda's
Tracy’s shoes provided by Town Shoes
Today's episode clips:
Eye yoga exercises that will help boost your vision
Mairlyn Smith shares road trip snack ideas
Use last night’s leftovers to create this trendy ‘layered salad’
When to throw in the towel and skip your workout
Eye health: What to look out for after you turn 40
Boost your children’s vocabulary by encouraging them to read
Genetics: Although genetics plays a role it isn’t a guarantee. Interestingly in near sightedness, the recent dramatic increase in the prevalence of myopia documented by several studies in North America and other countries points to environmental causes such as lack of time spent outdoors and greater amount of time spent doing near-work, such as reading, writing, and working on a computer.
Eye Exams: Having a comprehensive dilated eye exam every 1-2 years depending on your age and health is one of the best things you can do to make sure that you’re seeing the best you can and that you’re keeping your eyes and certain other organ systems healthy.
Digital Eye Strain: In this day and age, digital eyestrain is one of the leading known eye concerns facing the first world - also known as computer vision syndrome - and is linked to high-energy visible blue light from video screens.
Foods That Boost Eye Health
sweet red pepper
Red Palm fruit oil (certified RSPO - http://www.davidsuzuki.org/what-you-can-do/queen-of-green/faqs/food/how-to-source-sustainable-palm-oil/)
Eye Exercises To Improve Vision
1. Warm your eyes. Rub your palms together to create heat, and then place them against your eyes for five seconds
2. Rolling your eyes / looking up/down left/right
3. Focus exercises
4. Massaging your temples.
• Pre-hydrate - Recovery starts before exercise begins!
• Acclimatize - over 1-2 weeks progress your exposure
• Watch your Urine (lemonade NOT apple juice)
• Exercise in the shade/early mornings
• Shorter workouts
Heat Wave Workout:
• Plank Jacks with mini band
• Reach Push ups with mini band
• Partner Resisted Shuffle with band
• Partner Core Activation with band
Road Trip Checklist:
• Cell charger
• Bug spray
• A blanket
• First aid kit
• Music playlist
• Wear runners you never know what adventures will happen
• Pack your lunch because you don’t want to waste your time in lineups or ordering fast food.
• Cooler bag
• Cold sources
• Tea towels
• Paper towels
Join the conversation