Today's episode clips:
Why you need a relationship contract and what goes in it:
- You have a contract with your work, why shouldn’t you have a contract with your spouse?
- Here’s what goes in it...
- # of nights away: It breaks my heart to miss bath time with my three boys. Reading books under the covers. There are a finite number of those nights so it should hurt to miss them. But I travel for work. So we put one per week in our contract.
- Family day: A full day with no cell phones, no friends, just the five of us. We chose to have one of these every weekend.
- LNO / NNO: Leslie’s (my wife) night out / Neil’s night out. Dinner with a friend, live music by myself. We get our own stories and experiences to bring back to our relationship so we don’t just crash on the couch into a Netflix coma.
- # of vacation days: A company tells you what you get, but you need to decide how many you need. Take some days of unpaid leave if you need to. I know I do.
Cityline - Summer Fitness
Key Essentials to ensure you stay fit and prepared this summer.
Gym Bag Essentials (My recommendations):
• healthy snack (nuts)
• protein shaker
• Strength Band/mini band
• lacrosse ball
Summer Shred Resistance Workout
Having quick, high intensity full body workouts during the summer months is a great, time effective way to change the stimulus, shed fat and increase your conditioning.
Workout can be done outside anywhere, all you need is a light-moderate resistance strength band.
- Resisted squats/jump squats
- Resisted trunk rotation
- Resisted shoulder press outs
- Resisted glute extensions
- Resisted push ups
Shannon’s Book The Game of Desire will be released later this month
Join the conversation