A fresh Asian-inspired slaw perfectly complements the poached shrimp in this colourful dish from Massimo Capra.
1 ½ lb shrimps with shells on, 16/20 size poached
2 cups Napa cabbage
½ cup carrots, julienne
1 cup mixed colour peppers, julienne
½ cup dijon radish, julienne
½ cup Bean sprouts
½ cucumber, julienne
4 green onions, julienne
1 bunch cilantro, leaves only
1 tsp ginger, minced
4 tbsp peanuts, toasted
2 oz seasoned rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp white sugar
2 drops hot pepper sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
1) Mix all the ingredients for the peanut sauce and rest for fifteen minutes before using.
2) Peel the shrimps and set aside until needed. For Massimo’s proper poaching procedure, visit this link.
3) Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing in a small bowl the ginger, sesame oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, set aside.
4) In a bowl combine all the green ingredients for the salad and dress with the vinaigrette, allow to rest for fifteen minutes before serving.
5) Place the slaw on a plate and top with shrimps, drizzle some peanut sauce around it and sprinkle some roasted peanut all over the dish.
Courtesy Massimo Capra www.massimocapra.com
Join the conversation