A space should not only look good, but it should feel good as well. Designer Shai Deluca-Tamasi shares how incorporating the principles of Feng Shui into your home can help to create positive energy in your space. Looking for a quick starting point? Here are Shai’s tips for Feng Shui techniques to achieve a calm and happy space.
A home is divided into different areas and depending on the direction of each area, it can give off a different energy. The chart below shows you how placing different coloured elements in specific areas of your home can change the energy of a space.
The first space below that Shai shows us does not use the fundamental principles of Feng Shui. While it is a beautiful space, it does not make you make you feel any emotion.
This second space Shai created shows the correct of using Feng Shui which has a great flow of energy throughout.
Shai’s Feng Shui tips:
- Create a closed-in conversational area to make it easier to have conversations. Create this space by placing two small areas in the space. In the example above, the first is the couch and the second is the space with the two chairs together.
- Colours can instantly make a person feel happy in a space, in the space above Shai used a light purple.
- The shape of the pieces of furniture will also impact the flow of energy. Try using pieces that are circular to allow the energy to seamlessly flow around.
- Function is important when it comes to energy, opt for functional pieces.
- Add plants to your space! Be sure to use real plants since the best to have since faux plants give off bad energy. Learn more about keeping indoor plants.
- Add crystals to your space to help divert energy in a room.
Looking for more tips? Watch the video:
Join the conversation