Cupcake in a Jar
- Unwrap and slice cupcake horizontally in two or three pieces, depending on height of your jar.
- Place a dollop of buttercream in the base of your jar and place one cupcake slice on the base.
- Alternate a large dollop of buttercream and cupcake slice until jar is full, pushing down each slice so the buttercream touches the sides of the jar and you get a layered look.
- Top the last buttercream layer with sprinkles if desired and closed jar.
- You can add ribbon or a thank you tag or sticker to the jar with ribbon. Repeat for number of guests and voila!
- Candy melts
- Oreo cookies
- Dipped cookie mould or cupcake pan
- Sprinkles if desired
- Bamboo skewers
- Parchment paper
- Zipper lock bag or piping bag
If using a mould or cupcake pan:
- Pour melted chocolate into piping bag or zipper lock bag.
- Squeeze a layer of white chocolate into the base of your dipped Oreo mould or cleaned cupcake tray.
- Place cookie in and push down gently so the chocolate come a bit upbthe sides of the cookie.
- Fill to cover the cookie with chocolate. Shake and tap the pan/mould so you have a flat layer on top. This will be the bottom once unmoulded.
- Place in fridge or freezer for 10-15 minutes or until completely hardened. Once cold, turn over pan and tap on counter to unmould dipped cookies.
If dipping in chocolate by hand:
- Melt chocolate in a bowl.
- Stick a bamboo skewer into the frosting part of the cookie so you have a sort of lollipop. This will help to dip the cookie in the chocolate.
- Holding the skewer, dip and coat the cookie in chocolate.
- Lay on top parchment and pull out the skewer. There will be a hole left, but leave it for now if you’ll be dipping twice (recommended).
- Dip all of the cookies then go back and work on the first ones, as they should be hard enough to cost a second time (if not, place in fridge for five minutes).
- Repeat dipping process using the same hole for your skewer. Once finished each and before the chocolate is solid, pull out the skewer and fill the hole made.
You can add sprinkles or your desired decor on top and bag and tie with a decorative ribbon and/or thank you tag.
Join the conversation