Honey Greek yogurt with slivered almonds
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (1-2%)
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
Method: Add yogurt into bowl and top with slivered almonds, chia seeds and blueberries. Drizzle with honey and enjoy!
Morning snack (optional): carrot sticks and red pepper slices
Classic Greek salad
- 1-2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- ¼ cup cucumbers, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- 6 black olives
- Dressing: 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar + 1 teaspoon oregano + ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
Method: Add all salad ingredients into large bowl. Mix dressing ingredients into small bowl and whisk together. Drizzle onto salad and mix together. Sprinkle feta over salad and enjoy.
Afternoon snack (recommended): 1 cup steamed edamame sprinkled with sea salt
Chicken with tomato salsa
- 4 oz piece of chicken
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Method: Preheat oven to 350 F. Place chicken on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Coat with olive oil and add tomatoes, onions, garlic, cilantro, sea salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
Oats with almond butter and strawberries
- ½ cup cooked oats
- 1 tablespoon natural almond butter (crunchy or smooth)
- ½ cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Method: Add cooked oats into bowl and top with almond butter and strawberries. Sprinkle with hemp hearts and cinnamon and enjoy while warm.
Morning snack (optional): bowl of cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices
Spinach and goat cheese chicken salad
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 oz of cooked chicken, sliced
- 8 pecans
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar + pinch of sea salt for dressing
Method: Add spinach to bowl and top with chicken, pecans, cranberries and goat cheese. In small bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk together. Drizzle dressing over salad, toss and enjoy.
Afternoon snack (recommended): 3 tangerines or 1 large orange with 40 unsalted or low sodium pistachios
Tofu and mixed vegetable stir-fry
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- ½ cup of bok choy and snow peas
- ½ cup red and green peppers, diced
- ¼ cup water chestnuts
- ¼ cup sprouts
- ¼ cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup firm tofu (non GMO and organic)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium teriyaki sauce
Method: Over medium heat, warm grape seed oil and add the vegetables to skillet. Sauté until veggies are beginning to soften. Add tofu and teriyaki sauce and sauté for another 2-5 minutes. Serve warm.
WEDNESDAY – DAY 3
Sautéed vegetable frittata
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon avocado or grape seed oil
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables (zucchini, red peppers, kale, spinach, etc.)
- 2 full eggs + 1-2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese
Method: Preheat oven to 380 F. In a frying pan on medium heat, sauté the onion in oil until translucent. Add the other chopped veggies and sauté until softened and golden. Transfer the veggies to a non-stick oven safe pan. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and add in the grated cheese. Pour mixture onto veggies in the pan. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until set.
Morning snack (optional): 1 green apple sliced with 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
Creamy avocado and tuna wrap
- 1 can tuna, in water
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 whole wheat, high fiber wrap
- ¼ avocado, diced
- ½ cup tomatoes and cucumbers, diced
Method: Mix tuna with mayonnaise and add into wrap. Top with avocado cubes, tomatoes and cucumbers, wrap up and enjoy!
Afternoon snack (recommended): 6 walnuts + ½ cup raspberries
Chicken and roasted veggies
- 5 oz piece of chicken
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup broccoli + 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Method: Preheat oven to 350 F. Lay chicken on parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil and add oregano. Then add broccoli and cauliflower to pan, drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with paprika. Put into preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
THURSDAY – DAY 4
Chocolate mint chia seed pudding
- ¼ cup white chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
Method: In small container, combine chia seeds, maple syrup, peppermint extract, cocoa powder and almond milk. Stir to combine and seal container. Allow to sit for a couple of hours in fridge. Before eating, sprinkle with hemp hearts and top with fresh mint leaves.
Morning snack (optional): carrot sticks with 2 tablespoons hummus
BBQ chicken sandwich
- 2 slices of sprouted grain toast
- 4 oz cooked chicken (pulled or sliced)
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce (opt for a low sugar/naturally sweetened one)
- ¼ cup cabbage
Method: Lay bread on plate and top with chicken, BBQ sauce and cabbage. Close sandwich and enjoy.
Afternoon snack (recommended): ½ cup green grapes with 1 baby bell cheese
- 5 oz piece of cod
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 6 black olives, pits removed and halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Side green salad (kale, peppers, cucumbers) with 1 tablespoon olive oil based dressing
Method: Pre heat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place cod on top. Coat with olive oil and top with tomatoes, olives, minced garlic and sea salt. Place into oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, until cod is cooked through. Drizzle lemon juice over fish before eating. Serve with side salad.
FRIDAY – DAY 5
Toast with avocado and heart healthy smoked salmon
- 2 slices of whole wheat or sprouted toast
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 4 oz of smoked salmon
- 1 teaspoon capers (optional)
Method: Lay toast on plate and add mashed avocado, smoked salmon and capers to both pieces. Enjoy open faced.
Morning snack (optional): 1 pear, sliced
- 5-6 pieces of shrimp
- Mixed greens
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber, cubed
- Yellow pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil based dressing
Method: Add shrimp to boiling water for 1-3 minutes, until cooked. Once cooked, add onto lettuce and prepared vegetables and drizzle with salad dressing. Toss and enjoy!
Afternoon snack (recommended): ½ cup cottage cheese + ½ cup pineapple chunks
Chicken Caesar salad
- 1-2 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3-5 ounces of grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil based Caesar dressing
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, grated
Method: Add lettuce into bowl and add chicken, dressing and cheese. Toss together and enjoy.
SATURDAY – DAY 6
Scrambled eggs with whole wheat English muffin
- 2 whole eggs (option to add 1-2 egg whites for extra protein)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 whole wheat (or sprouted grain) English muffin
- 1 tablespoon natural nut butter (i.e., peanut, almond, cashew, etc.)
- ½ cup mixed berries
Method: In small bowl, whisk eggs together. Over medium heat, warm butter and add egg mixture. Scramble until cooked through. Cut English muffin in half and spread with nut butter. Serve on the side of eggs with small berry bowl.
Morning snack (optional): 1 laughing cow cheese on celery sticks
Chopped power salad
- 2 cups of chopped iceberg lettuce
- ¼ cup chickpeas, rinsed well
- ¼ cup edamame beans
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese, crumbled
- Dressing: 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard + 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice + pinch of sea salt
Method: Add lettuce into serving bowl and top with chickpeas, edamame beans, cucumbers, peppers, celery, tomatoes and sunflower seeds. Top with feta cheese. In small bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk together. Drizzle dressing over salad, mix well and enjoy.
Afternoon snack (recommended): Red apple sliced with 10 almonds
Easy peasy turkey meatballs
- 5 oz lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon spelt breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup zucchini noodles.
- ½ cup tomato sauce (no sugar added)
Method: Preheat oven to 350 F. In mixing bowl, add ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic powder, pepper and onion powder. Combine mixture together and form into 3-4 meatballs. Place into preheated oven for 12-18 minutes, until cooked through and no longer pink. Add zucchini noodles onto pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until beginning to soften. Once meatballs are cooked, serve on top of bed of zucchini noodles and top with tomato sauce.
SUNDAY – DAY 7
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- ½ banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Method: In small bowl, combine eggs and flax and mix together to form batter. Add mashed banana and mix well. Over medium heat, add coconut oil into small pan and add flax and banana mixture. Cook until edges look to be setting and flip halfway through. Tip: can be made into 1 large pancake or 2-3 smaller pancakes.
Morning snack (optional): ½ cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 small whole wheat wraps/tortillas
- ¼ – ½ cup tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup diced vegetables (onion, peppers, mushrooms, etc.)
- 3 oz shredded chicken
Method: Preheat oven to 425 F. Place tortillas on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread sauce evenly (leave some room for a “crust”). Top with cheese, vegetables and shredded chicken. Put into preheated oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and edges are beginning to brown. Slice and enjoy!
Afternoon snack (recommended): ¼ cup of homemade trail mix — 6 unsalted almonds, 6 unsalted cashews, 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, 1 tablespoon raisins or cranberries
Seared salmon with steamed green beans
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 oz piece of salmon
- 1-2 large garlic cloves
- ½ lemon
- 1 cup green beans, steamed
Method: Over medium heat, warm olive oil and add salmon to pan. Cook for 4 minutes and then flip salmon over to cook for another 3-4 minutes. Once salmon is cooked through, remove from pan. Top with minced garlic and squeeze ½ lemon over top. Serve with steamed green beans.
Join the conversation