It seems like every day there’s some new tech gadget that claims to make your life easier, but are they really worth your money? We’ve put some of these magical and downright weird products to the test to see if they’ll actually make your kitchen time a little easier.
This product promises to heat seal any food bag in your cupboard. The idea of no more clips or messy “rollups” that result in stale and wasted food is surely appealing. But does it stand up to scrutiny?
- Seals aluminum-based food bags
- Allows easy re-opening
- The heat plates are easy to clean
- Small and compact
- Very Limited usage
- Burns through most food bags
- Packaging says “beauty”… we don’t know what that’s about
- Operates like a flat iron
This item is supposed to make chopping garlic and other vegetables super simple. It would definitely be nice to avoid nicking our fingers on knives.
- Small and compact
- Perfectly chops garlic, ginger and other aromatics without oil or liquid
- The brush and spoon are quite convenient for cleaning
- Small, so you must do several batches for bigger cooking prep
This one allows you to cook 6 eggs at a time in any style you like. In theory, this is perfect for preparing family breakfasts!
- The auto-shut off function prevents overcooking, and the buzzer will alert you when your eggs are ready.
- Small and lightweight – won’t take up too much space on counter or in cupboards
- Easy to clean and comes with a recipe book
- Makes 6 eggs at a time, so only ideal for small servings
If your coffee always gets cold before you’re ready to drink it, this might be your dream item. This product is supposed to keep your coffee at that perfect temperature without the need to reheat.
- Easy to use – just plug in and go
- Big enough to fit any mug size/shape
- Compact enough to fit almost anywhere
- The plate slows down cooling but does not keep a “hot” temperature of 55 degrees C
This mixer is supposed to stir sauces and other mixtures for you, allowing you to multitask in the kitchen.
- Has 3 speeds
- Durable and safe for all surfaces
- Will rotate and move from side to side getting a full surface range
- Powerful enough to get through a variety of consistencies
- Substance must be well above the base of the device
- Limited usage
- Not easily stored
- Not collapsible
- Takes 4 AA batteries
If you struggle to open a can cleanly, here’s your product… in theory. This item promises to open pop top and regular cans, leaving them with a smooth edge.
- High Quality
- Great for those with dexterity issues
- Comes with a pair of kitchen scissors
- Safely cuts the side of the can instead of the top (where sometimes the surface can be contaminated)
- No more sharp lids
- A bit bulky – not easily stored
Let us know if you’ve tried any of these products, and what you liked and didn’t like!
All of our product suggestions are independently researched and sourced by Cityline. However, if you purchase something through cityline.tv, we may earn commission. Thanks for visiting us!
Join the conversation