The Cityline Scholarship for BIPOC Women aims to provide access to post-secondary education and reward youth who demonstrate financial need and want to pursue a career in Media studies.
One entrance scholarship will be available in 2021, valued at $5,000 CAD. Students across Canada can enter, except for residents of Quebec and employees of Rogers Sports and Media. The scholarship is not renewable. The scholarship will also include a one-on-one mentorship with Cityline host Tracy Moore.
To be considered:
- Students who will commence their post-secondary studies in September 2021 are eligible.
- Students may have taken time off between graduation from high school and commencement of their university or college studies; however, during this period students must not have undertaken any post-secondary courses.
- The Cityline Scholarship for BIPOC Women will not grant entrance scholarships to the following institutions/programs: Graduate programs (for example, Master’s degrees, PHD programs, etc.); Colleges and universities outside of Canada.
- By entering an application into the Cityline Scholarship for BIPOC Women the winner agrees to be available for a mandatory interview on Cityline (Citytv at 10AM EST), speaking with Tracy Moore. The winner’s video entry will also be featured on Cityline.
- Selection is based on each applicant’s completed application, which must be accompanied with one video of a maximum of 2-3 minutes long.
Video entry instructions:
- The video essay must contain ONE of the following questions:
- Where do I see myself in 10 years?
- When you look at Canada today, are there any problems or issues you would like to seek to improve to help build a better future for generations to come? What issue would you choose and how would you approach the problem?
- What is one challenge you have overcome, and how did it help you grow?
- The selection committee would like to see YOU in the video, so please limit your use of cartoons and animations.
- Post your video on YouTube and provide the link in the online application. Please ensure that your video is set to Public (in your Privacy Settings on YouTube). No copyrighted music or images. Please have fun with your video!
- Please note: Applicants grant Rogers Sports & Media the right to use their names and video submissions for program publicity, marketing and promotional purposes in all media, including television broadcast and digital.
*Applications must be submitted in full by no later than 1:00pm EST on June 25, 2021.
For full rules and regulations, click here.
Join the conversation