General Travel Rules:
- You need to check the local requirements about covid testing/requirements
- A negative PCR test is required when returning to Canada
- You must be fully vaccinated to travel within Canada
- Kids under 12 who travel outside of the country can’t go back to school or daycare for 14 days
Recommendation #1 Belize
- Bucket list destination (great for relaxation and ecoadventures)
- English is their national language
- Low population density, so it still feels natural
- You can go caving, ziplining, explore ancient Mayan sites inland and head to the coast for snorkelling, scuba diving. Beaches and hotels for rest and relaxation
- There are Gold Standard hotels
Recommendation #2: California
- Always a favourite destination for Canadians
- Riding down the Pacific Coast Highway is a must.
- Free road trip guide online from VisitCalifornia.com
- The major cities have high vaccination rates and have taken steps to ensure that they’re ready for visitors
- Which cities you choose are up to you.
- Los Angeles is known for its entertainment/food.
- San Francisco has fantastic culture and attractions.
- I personally love San Diego and Huntington Beach since they’re family-friendly
Recommendation #3 Barbados
- One of the most accessible countries in the Caribbean for Canadians with 7 flights per week
- They really led the battle against COVID. Had great restrictions in place during the pandemic which kept numbers down
- A great mix of hotels, history, and culture, so it’s ideal for travellers on any budget
- Sustainability is a huge theme. A few distilleries are switching their practices to be fully sustainable
- Harrisons Cave, which is the top attraction is trying to preserve things by introducing new attractions on the grounds
- Even the Apes Hill Golf & Beach Club was designed to preserve local wildlife
Join the conversation