Do you know what the colours you wear say about you? Here are some outfits styled by fashion expert Janielle Mckoy — who shows us how to use colours to channel certain moods.
Look #1 – Red & Pink
When you think of red, you most likely link it to love, romance, and passion. If you love wearing red dresses, it indicates that you are someone who is energetic, strong-willed, passionate, a touch aggressive, and outspoken.
If you find red over-powering, pink would be a great option. The colour pink and femininity are tied together. Pink denotes that you have a soft, comforting, and affectionate personality. If your wardrobe has more than a handful of pink dresses and apparel in various hues and styles, you are someone who values kindness and comfort above everything else.
- The Barbie knit midi dress is a subtle pop of colour for the fall. This dress can be dressed up or down if it is paired with classic white sneakers or a heel.
- This bright pink vegan leather jacket is perfect if you want an electric pop of colour. It is nice to have a few statement pieces in your closet to brighten up jacket season!
- These square-toe heeled leather boots from Zara are a staple for the fall. Everyone needs a classic black boot for the fall as it can be paired with any outfit, day to night.
Look #2 – Blue & Orange
One of the most popular colours and represents loyalty, peace, confidence, and success. It is a soothing colour that makes people around you feel comfortable. Research has found that this colour causes the human body to produce certain chemicals that have calming properties. Also, Navy blue is the go-to colour for a job interview because it portrays a sense of being ‘in control’.
Orange says you are energetic, bubbly and one who is often the life of the party. Fun, appealing, and creative, orange is warmth, friendliness, new possibilities, and good times.
- A bright-coloured printed blouse is a fun twist on a simple button-down. A bright blouse can be paired with trousers for going to work or a pair of jeans for the weekends.
- This stunning blue basic blazer can be paired with the matching pants for a timeless look or can be paired with any pants 0r skirt you have in your closet already.
- The same goes for the pants. The pants pair seamlessly with the blazer but can also be worn alone with a white dress shirt for a classic look with a fun pop of colour.
- These tan loafers are a great slip on everyday shoe that can be paired with almost any outfit.
Look #3 – Green & Purple
Green is a colour that is easy on the eyes and mind. A green blouse or dress has a soothing and comforting effect on the people around you. It also shows you want to be well-liked and recognized. And just like the colour pink, green indicates that you have a soft heart and are very caring.
Traditionally the colour of royalty, purple stands for sophistication, wealth, and luxury. In the modern-day, this colour also indicates a type of personality that is creative, charming, insightful and has a love for the arts. Not everyone loves or can pull off this shade, so wearing a purple or violet also says that you are confident about your taste and yourself.
- This printed crossed blouse is loud and fun! It can be paired with a pair of jeans and a sneaker or heal for a simple on-the-go look.
- These knee-high leather platform boots from Zara are very versatile. They can be worn with jeans or any dress pants, as well as a skirt or dress with stockings. These boots with last throughout the seasons and can be worn over and over again!
Join the conversation