With South Asian fashion, we see such diverse pieces being used. Today Rajbinder Grewal shows how to style these beautiful pieces by creating 4 fabulous looks from South Asian fashion. She incorporates casual and comfy into some looks for everyday wear!
Look 1: THE LENGHA
Are there pieces in your closet that are very formal and only have been worn once? For Rajbinder’s first look, she shows how to take a formal piece that is worn for special occasions and create it into a casual outfit that can be brought into your everyday life. She pairs the skirt with a simple white t-shirt before adding an oversized denim jacket and a pair of sneakers.
- This Lengha is from Canadian fashion designer Mani Jassal. Typically a beautiful skirt like this one in a rich Banarasi Silk is worn for formal events and occasions and with a top or blouse that is equally as formal and beautiful.
- The first piece is a beautiful emerald set usually worn to be dressed up but Rajbinder shows ways to make it more casual.
- You can never go wrong with adding oversized denim to a look!
- Simple low-top white sneakers for an everyday outfit will bring this look together.
Look 2: THE KURTA
For look number 2 Rajbinder said she combined the most comfortable things she wears, jeans and a Kurta. A Kurta is a traditional South Asian Tunic. For this outfit, she has paired boyfriend jeans with a pretty hand-block print kurta. This amazing combination can be paired with any basic tee or tank in your closet.
- This emerald green silk embroidered overlap kurta from LivetheCollective can be worn as a matching set or with any pants of your choice!
- We paired it with some light-wash jeans to give it a more relaxed look.
- Bring your basics back to life with these H&M light-wash jeans to get an amazing comfy look.
- These jeans go perfectly with the kurta set for a casual yet chic look!
Look 3: THE CHOLI
For look 3 she created a mix and match by a pairing mirrored bustier with a power suit on top. The suit allows you to mix and match the clothing under your jacket. This look can also be paired with a classic tee in your wardrobe. Then to tie the whole look together add your favourite accessories — like a luxurious necklace!
- a classic white wool blazer perfect to add to any outfit, day or night
Look 4: RAJ
This look is all about the jewelry! Jewelry in South Asian fashion is important. Traditionally large earrings and statement necklaces are frequently worn together, while bangles are stacked on the arms to balance out heavier outfits. Additionally, the principle of South Asian jewelry is always more!
For this look, Rajbinder aimed to draw attention to one statement piece of jewelry.
She selected a beautiful necklace from Banglezwith a simple silk shirtdress.
Join the conversation