(the “Official Rules”)
CITYLINE CLUB MED VACATION
These Official Rules govern the Contest. By participating or attempting to participate in the Contest, you will be deemed to have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these Official Rules.
- WHO are the Sponsors?
The Contest is sponsored and administered by Rogers Communications Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates (“Rogers”).
The following entities are co-sponsors of the Contest: on behalf of Cityline and Club Med: Québec
Rogers and any co-sponsors of the Contest are referred to collectively or individually as the “Sponsors”.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any third party social media or social networking service or site (each a “Third Party Service”), including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Rogers and not to any Third Party Service.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ENTER?
To be eligible to enter this Contest, an individual must:
Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of the Sponsors or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, any prize suppliers, any and all other companies associated with the Contest, a household member of any of the individuals listed above, whether or not related or members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling) of the individuals listed above are not eligible to enter.
- WHEN DOES the contest START/END?
You may enter the Contest between Thursday, October 26, 2023 10:00 a.m. and November 3, 2023 11:00 a.m (the “Entry Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted. All times referenced in these Official Rules are ET.
- HOW DO I ENTER THE CONTEST?
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
To enter online, visit https://www.cityline.tv/2023/10/13/enter-club-med-canada-vacation/ (the “Contest Website”) during the Entry Period and complete and submit the online entry form as instructed.
- HOW MANY TIMES MAY I ENTER THE CONTEST?
There is a limit of one entry per person/email address. By way of illustration, if two or more otherwise eligible individuals share a single email address, only one of them may enter the Contest; and, if an eligible individual has multiple email addresses, they may only enter the Contest once in respect of only one of those email addresses. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
- COULD MY ENTRY BE REFUSED OR REJECTED?
Your entry could be refused or rejected if:
- you attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these Official Rules;
- your entry contains false or misleading information, or is late, falsified, illegible, damaged or incomplete or otherwise irregular;
- your entry is submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or other illicit means; or
- your entry is not in compliance with these Official Rules.
The Sponsors reserve the right to refuse any entry for any other reason as they may determine.
- WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY?
By entering the Contest:
- you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which decisions are final, binding and conclusive;
- you represent and warrant that: (i) your entry, including any material comprising your entry (e.g. name, user name, profile picture, etc., as applicable) and any material submitted with your entry (e.g. photograph, video, written submission, or other form of submission, as applicable) (all such material, collectively, the “Entry Material”) is original to you, (ii) you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry Material to enter the Contest, including the consent of any third parties whose personal information is included in your Entry Material, and (iii) your Entry Material does not contain, depict, include or involve content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsors;
- you understand and agree that your entry, including your Entry Material, will not be returned to you and may be moderated or edited by Rogers as it deems appropriate;
- you grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to use your Entry Material in any media worldwide and for any purpose related to the Contest (or any similar contest), including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works from, your Entry Material without notification, compensation or additional consideration to you;
- you waive all claims of moral rights in any use of your Entry Material by Rogers pursuant to the rights granted in these Official Rules;
- you waive and forever discharge the Sponsors, their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, any other companies associated with the Contest, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, as well as any Third Party Services, (collectively, the “Releasees”), and agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees, from and against any and all claims, damages or liability, including any costs or losses related to personal injury, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property, arising out of, or in any way related to, (i) your participation in the Contest, (ii) the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize, in whole or in part, including participating in travel or any activity related to the prize, (iii) the use of any Entry Material or Publicity Material (defined below) in accordance with the rights granted in these Official Rules, or (iv) any breach of these Official Rules.
- WHAT ARE THE CONTEST PRIZES?
There is 1 trip prize available to be won in the Contest a “Trip Prize”), consisting of:
- 3 (three) consecutive nights, all-inclusive package standard room, quadruple occupancy.
- Meals, snacking and drinks included in the traditional Club Med all-inclusive package
- Activities included in the traditional Club Med all-inclusive package
Prize does not include:
- Cost of passport, tourist cards, vaccination certificates and visas;
- Any sales or Goods and Services Tax and any similar tax, if applicable;
- Travel insurance;
- Personal expenses;
- Optional excursions.
- Travel must be completed by October 30th 2024 and excludes the weeks of Christmas, New Year’s, Easter, Spring School breaks, and months of July and August are also excluded ;
- Reservations will be accepted based on winners space availability grid, can only be confirmed 50 days prior to departure and are not combinable with any other promotion;
- The conditions of stay are as described in the Canadian Club Med brochure valid at time of travel ;
- This prize is non transferable, cannot be extended or redeemed for cash, In case of cancellation, for any given reason, the trip will be forfeited.
The Trip Prize is valued at approximately four thousand dollars (CDN $4,000). Actual value may vary based on prize particulars, including but not limited to the departure city. The following terms and conditions apply to any Trip Prize awarded in this Contest:
- The winner may be required to reserve the Trip Prize, or complete travel, by a particular date, as advised by the Sponsors. The Trip Prize is not eligible for frequent flyer miles. All bookings and/or reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking. Once reservations are made, they cannot be changed, unless otherwise determined by the Sponsors or prize suppliers.
- Each Traveller must have reached the age of majority in his or her province or territory of residence, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Traveller may be required to present a valid major credit card upon check-in at the destination to cover any expenses above and beyond the standard room charge.
- If the winner elects to travel with a fewer number of guests than the number of guests provided in the prize description above, no additional compensation will be awarded under any circumstances.
- Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuers. Blackout dates may apply (as advised by the Sponsors).
- The Releasees are not responsible for any cancellations, alterations, delays, diversions or other changes to the trip itinerary, any costs or expenses incurred as a result of any changes to the trip itinerary, or any damages, loss or liability in the event any Traveller is denied the ability to travel, whether due to airport restrictions or otherwise.
- The Sponsors and prize suppliers have the right to disqualify or remove any Traveller from any activity at any time if they are at any point uncooperative, disruptive, abusive, unobservant of applicable rules, laws or regulations, or likely to cause or has caused damage to person, property, or the reputation of the Sponsors or prize suppliers.
- Are there any prize conditions?
All prize particulars will be determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. In addition to any prize conditions provided elsewhere in these Official Rules, any prize awarded in the Contest is subject to the following conditions:
- Except for gift cards, vouchers or cash prizes, the prize value in these Official Rules is approximate only. You will not be compensated if actual prize value is lower than the value quoted in these Official Rules;
- The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with a prize or prize component of equal or greater value if the prize or any component thereof cannot be awarded for any reason.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or resold, unless otherwise determined by the Sponsors. The prize may not be exactly as advertised. The prize is provided “as is” without representation or warranty of any kind by the Sponsors; and
- Any unused portion of the prize, including Trip Prizes, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited. A prize will not be replaced if lost, destroyed, mutilated or stolen or in the case of a Trip Prize, will not be replaced if not taken for any reason.
- HOW WILL THE POTENTIAL WINNER9S0 BE SELECTED?
If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Official Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of prizes.
- HOW CAN A POTENTIAL WINNER BECOME A WINNER?
Before being declared a winner, a potential winner must:
- correctly answer, without assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Sponsors;
- be in compliance with these Official Rules;
- sign and return, within any designated time period, a release of liability and consent to publicity form (the “Release Form”) and any other documentation as reasonably required. If the potential winner is a minor, their parent or legal guardian must sign and return the Release Form. The Sponsors may require winner’s guest(s) to sign and return, within any designated time period, a Release Form and any other documentation as reasonably required, as a pre-condition to participation in the prize. In the event any guest is a minor, the parent or legal guardian of the guest will be required to sign and return such paperwork on behalf of the minor guest; and
- at the request of the Sponsors, provide proof of identification to confirm eligibility or to claim a prize, or provide proof that they are the authorized account holder of any account associated with the selected entry.
- WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE?
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- HOW DO I CLAIM A PRIZE?
Once a potential winner is confirmed as a winner, prize distribution will be promptly coordinated. Except as otherwise indicated by the Sponsors, a winner must personally take delivery of the prize as instructed within thirty (30) days of being notified that such prize is available or within such other time period as may reasonably be advised. If a winner fails to take delivery of the prize as instructed, the prize will be deemed forfeited.
- WILL I APPEAR IN ANY PUBLICITY IF I AM A WINNER?
If you are a winner, the Sponsors may require you to appear in publicity related to the Contest or to any similar contest. By accepting a prize you:
- grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to record, photograph or otherwise capture or document you, your likeness, your voice, or any statements you make regarding the Contest or the prize, by any available means;
- agree that any such captured material, together with your biographical information, such as name or place of residence, or your Entry Material (collectively, all such materials, the “Publicity Material”) may be used by the Sponsors or their licensees, successors, or assigns (collectively, the “Publicity Parties”) in any media, whether now known or later devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising or promotional purposes related to the Contest or any similar contest. Any such use of the Publicity Material may include the reproduction, modification, adaptation, translation or creation of derivative works from your Entry Material;
- acknowledge that the Publicity Parties shall not be required to compensate you, notify you, or request your permission in connection with their use of any Publicity Material, unless otherwise prohibited by law; and
- waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in connection with any use of the Publicity Material by any of the Publicity Parties, including any moral rights in any such Publicity Material.
- HOW WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION be COLLECTED, USED AND DISCLOSED?
Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
- in accordance with these Official Rules, or with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law;
- you elect to receive Commercial Communications from a party other than Rogers;
- to coordinate the fulfillment or provision of the prize with a prize supplier; and/or
- if you have been asked to sign and return a Release Form or other documentation in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules, Rogers may disclose your personal information to any interested party, such as an entity who is released from liability.
- HOW DO THE RELEASEES LIMIT THEIR LIABILITY?
The Releasees assume no liability for the following:
- stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, jumbled, or garbled entries, transmissions, email, mail, or other communications;
- any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication;
- failures or malfunctions of, or difficulties with, computer hardware or software, telephones, telephone lines, telephone systems, or network, cable, satellite, server, or website connections;
- printing, typographical, or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements, or in Contest-related materials;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, including where caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated or used in connection with the Contest;
- injury or damage to any computer or other device resulting from or otherwise related to participation in the Contest, the use of any website, or the downloading or accessing of any materials;
- anyone being incorrectly or mistakenly identified as a winner or potential winner; and/or
- any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise, relating in any way to the Contest, including those errors, problems or difficulties that may relate to the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the advertising of the Contest, the announcement of any prize or prize winner, or the cancellation or postponement of any event.
- WHAT LAWS APPLY TO THE CONTEST?
The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- CAN THE SPONSORS CANCEL OR AMEND THE CONTEST?
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or amend these Official Rules at any time, for any reason whatsoever, subject to prior approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if legally required.
You may not amend these Official Rules in any way.
- Could the Sponsors disqualify or ban someone from a contest?
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from the Contest, or prevent any entrant from future participation in a contest, that has:
- resold or attempted to resell a prize, in whole or in part;
- tampered with or attempted to tamper with, or undermined or attempted to undermine, the legitimate operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website;
- provided false or misleading information;
- acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person; and/or
- otherwise violated these Official Rules.
- What happens if these official rules contradict other contest materials?
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or statements made by the Sponsors or appearing in other Contest-related materials, these Official Rules shall govern.
- What happens if part of these official rules becomes unenforceable or does not apply?
If any part of these Official Rules is legally unenforceable or inapplicable, then that part will be deemed invalid; however, the remainder of these Official Rules will otherwise continue to be legally binding.
Join the conversation