The holidays are here and Chef Devan Rajkumar joins us to show us how to make a delicious fig-stuffed baked brie! This easy dish will guarantee to impress your guests this holiday season.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 15-20 min| Serves: 4-6
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a saucepan over med/low heat. Melt butter and add sliced figs. Then add cinnamon, vanilla, thyme, cardamom, nutmeg, salt, pepper and maple syrup. Cook for 3-4 minutes to infuse flavours.
- Meanwhile, slice the wheel of brie ¼” deep around the wheel. Using the butcher twine insert it into the cheese and pull string in opposite directions to slice in half.
- Lay a sheet of puff pastry on a cutting board and place the bottom of the brie in the middle. Add the sauteed fig mixture and sprinkle sliced almonds on top of brie. Cover with remaining brie top.
- Wrap the bottom puff pastry around the brie. Grab another sheet of puff pastry and place on top and tuck the excess under the brie.
- Brush with an egg wash and score the top with a knife.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Join the conversation