- On a work surface, cut the leeks in half lengthwise. Rinse under running water and dry thoroughly. Transfer to a large plate or baking sheet. Set aside
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, mustard, pepper and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Brush the vinaigrette on the leeks
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium. Oil the grate
- Grill the leeks for 10 minutes or until tender, turning and basting with the vinaigrette several times
- Arrange the grilled leeks on a large serving platter. Top with the burrata and garnish with the sun-dried tomatoes and thyme leaves. Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
| NOTE | Burrata is a fresh, semi-soft cheese made from water buffalo or cow’s milk and can be found in specialty cheese shops. It resembles fresh mozzarella cheese, but its centre is filled with string mozzarella curds and cream. If unavailable, substitute with fresh mozzarella.
Join the conversation