- Roll out the puff pastry to about 8×10” size and about ¼” thick, refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat a sauté pan and add butter and oil. Add the garlic and sweat for a few seconds, then add mushrooms and sauté gently until the mushrooms are wilted. Add the wine and cook until the mushrooms are dry.
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, add the Padano cheese and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Spread the mushrooms on the puff pastry sheet and roll tightly to form a roll. Refrigerate to firm-up.
- Slice the roll into coins about ¼” inch thick and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Beat the egg, add a spoonful of water into it and brush the top of the pastries. Bake at 375°F until golden and light.
- Serve at room temperature.
Join the conversation