1. Place a pot of salted water on the fire and boil.
2. Put the washed potatoes in the pot and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from the water and allow to cool completely.
4. Shred the potato and place it in a bowl, season with salt and pepper to your liking.
5. Add the julienne onions and the shredded cheese, mix well without crushing it too much.
6. Preheat a non-stick skillet of about 10 inches diameter and add butter and oil.
7. Pour the potato mixture in it and press lightly to form a pancake like shape, and cook gently on
medium heat until the bottom is golden. Check from time to time.
8. Flip the rösti and repeat.
9. Once the rösti is fully cooked and crisp, remove from the skillet and place on a platter.
10. Whip the mascarpone with the chives, season to taste with salt and pepper.
11. Spread the mascarpone over the whole potato rosti and top with the prosciutto di san Daniele.
12. Cut into four slices and serve warm.
Join the conversation