- Spread broccoli on a sheet pan and broil on high for 5 minutes. Keep flipping so that the broccoli gets charred evenly. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil over medium heat, add chopped onion and salt and brown sugar, reducing the heat to medium low. Cook the onions until they are caramelized. Be careful not to burn. Stir often. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and milk together. Add chopped sundried tomatoes, caramelized onions charred broccoli, basil and cheese. Add salt and pepper to season and combine well.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and serve.
For more information about the Breakfast Better Board guidelines and the complete breakfast recipes, check out www.breakfastbetter.ca
Join the conversation