- One-600g package (wild or cultured, add stevia to sweeten if desired) frozen blueberries
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) (or soy beverage) skim milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) (optional) pure vanilla extract
- 10 slices 100% stone ground whole wheat bread
- 2 (cored, sliced thinly, divided into 5 equal portions) apples
- Make Blueberry Sauce: place blueberries into a medium saucepan, heat over medium heat until they start to boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and simmer for at least 5 minutes. When they have been reduced by 1/3 (the liquid has evaporated) remove from heat. Let slightly cool, taste, if they are sweet enough for you start making the French Toast. If not sweet enough add stevia or sweetener of your choice. Start making the French Toast.
- In a shallow dish beat together the eggs, skim milk or soy beverage, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Turn on the oven to 200F° (90C°).
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture, one slice at a time. Lightly spray the pan with canola oil. Cook each slice of bread over medium heat till done on both sides. Keep the done ones in the oven until all the slices are cooked.
- When all slices are cooked plate each serving: one piece of French toast, 1/5 of the sliced apple pieces, top with the second slice of French toast. Top with 1/5 of the cooked blueberry sauce.
Protein 24.6 g
Carbohydrates 87 g
Fat 13.4 g
Fibre 13.1 g
Sodium 563 mg
Join the conversation