- 1/2 cup walnut (or nut of your choice) pieces
- In a small pan on low medium heat toast walnuts until golden brown and fragrant approximately 10-12 minutes and this can be done ahead of time.
- In a small pot on medium heat add blueberries and maple syrup and reduce by half. Blend, strain and set aside until ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl combine milk, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gently combine dry into wet ingredients ensuring there are small lumps remaining after incorporating.
- In a large non-stick pan or griddle on low medium heat brush with cooking oil and pace down the desired size of the pancake to cook.
- When bubbles appear flip pancakes and ensure both sides are golden brown before removing.
- Top with coulis, walnuts and serve.