- Fire up your charcoal grill and prep the grill for cooking over indirect heat. You need a low temperature of around 300°F (150°C) maximum. For gas grills, preheat the grill to low then turn off one burner to achieve indirect heat
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with butter or nonstick baking spray. set aside.
- Stir together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk and melted butter
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the wet ingredients into the dry until well combined. Stir in cheese and jalapenos. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups
- Place the muffin pan on the grill over indirect heat. Cook, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a muffin. Let the muffins cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes before removing them from the pan. Serve them
Join the conversation