Food and beverage stylist Jason Skrobar shows how to impress your guest this season with four tasty fall inspired cocktails!
Smoky dark chocolate fashion
Apple cider bourbon sour
Fall hot toddy punch
GINGER PEAR MARGARITA
- First rim a cocktail glass of your choice with flaky salt and ginger sugar and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, ginger liqueur, pear nectar, lime juice and bitters. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into the prepared glass and garnish with pear slices and candied ginger. Enjoy!
SMOKY DARK CHOCOLATE OLD FASHION WITH S’MORES GARNISH
- Place wood chips onto a baking sheet and gently light them on fire with a kitchen torch.
- Place a cocktail glass over the wood chips; this will extinguish the flames (if there were any) and infuse the glass with smoke.
- While the glass and smoke are getting to know each other, make the cocktail.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add bourbon, simple syrup and bitters. Stir for 10 seconds.
- Flip the cocktail glass over and add ice. Strain old-fashioned into the cocktail glass and serve with a s’more.
APPLE CIDER BOURBON SOUR
- Add bourbon, cider, lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white to a cocktail shaker and shake for 15-20 seconds.
- Fill the shaker with ice and continue to shake until very cold, another 10 seconds.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with an orange twist and enjoy!
FALL HOT TODDY PUNCH
- Bring 12 cups of water to a boil in a large pot or Dutch oven.
- Then add tea bags, orange and lemon slices, sugar, cinnamon sticks, star anise pods and rosemary and stirred.
- Then you reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Remove this from the heat and discard the tea bags.
- Stir in whiskey, orange liqueur and lemon juice. Serve warm.
Join the conversation