- Place saucepan filled with water over stove on medium/high heat. Let it come to a rolling boil.
- Wipe down your bowl with vinegar to get rid of all grease.
- Add egg whites and sugar to bowl, and set aside.
- Once water has come to a rolling boil, place the egg white mix over the heat. Whisk constantly until the sugar has fully dissolved and the mix looks like a syrup.
- Remove from heat and attach bowl to mixer. Whisk on medium/high speed.
- Once stiff peaks are formed, turn mixer off. Ensure the meringue is stiff as it will loosen slightly when colour is added.
- Divide meringue into as many bowls as you’d like colours.
- Colour meringue with gel food colour. Use a whisk to incorporate the colour into the meringue. This will also prevent the meringue losing too much air.
- Transfer to piping bags fitted with assorted piping tips. You are now ready to create as many styles and designs of meringue as you can imagine!
Join the conversation