Chef Kareema Beckles shares her secret tips on making these delicious sweet snacks filled with the great flavours around the world.
Cassava Pone Method:
- Mix cassava, coconut & pumpkin in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, mixed spice, vanilla & black pepper.
- Add coconut milk to the ingredients and combine well.
- In a greased pan pour the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 1½ to 2 hours (depending on your oven).
**The finished product should be firm and not wobbly or soggy. If the top is not brown enough, bake for 10-15 minutes.**
- Roll the plantain on the sugar plate and ensure that the banana is coated with enough sugar
- Place the plantain with sugar coating in the egg roll wrapper and add some ripe jackfruit
- Fold and lock the egg roll wrapper, use water to seal the edge
- In a pan, heat the oil and put in some sugar. Wait until the brown sugar floats
- Put in the wrapped plantain & jackfruit and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown and the extra sugar sticks on the wrapper
- Serve hot as a dessert or snack. Share and Enjoy!
Join the conversation