- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter with the sugar. Add the egg and beat for 1 minute or until the sugar begins to dissolve. Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a ½-inch (1 cm) plain tip, pipe out 3 inch (7.5 cm) long cylinders on the prepared baking sheets, leaving at least a 1-inch (2.5 cm) space between each cookie.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 14 minutes or until the cookies are crisp. Let cool completely.
- Using a spoon, cover the cookies with the melted chocolate. Immediately sprinkle with the crushed candy cane. Let the chocolate set for 30 minutes at room temperature or 10 minutes in the freezer.
Join the conversation