- Place a rack in the middle of your oven and preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two rimless baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand-held electric mixer or a wooden spoon, beat together the oil, honey, and brown sugar until it looks like wet sand, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add the flaxseed meal, egg, and vanilla and beat until thick and creamy and a lighter shade of brown, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder and gently beat in on low speed (if using a mixer). Don’t beat on high, or you’ll be wearing cocoa powder when it flies out of the bowl and lands on your clothes (I know from experience). When the cocoa powder is totally incorporated, beat for an additional minute. Add the flour and baking soda and gently beat to combine. Add the chocolate chips and stir in well.
- Using a 2-teaspoon ice-cream scoop with a release button, measure out and drop the dough onto one of the prepared You should get 20 scoops onto one sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 9 minutes until the tops crack, then remove from the oven and let rest on the baking sheet for 3 minutes. Remove and let cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Finish baking the rest of the dough.
- Store cooled cookies in a covered container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
1 serving = 2 cookies
Per serving: 128 Calories, 6.7 G Total Fat, 1.2 G Saturated Fat, 0 G Trans Fat, 10 MG Cholesterol, 11 MG Sodium, 17 G Carbohydrate, 2 G Fibre, 12.4 G Sugars, 11.7 G Added Sugars, 1.4 G Protein, 85 G Potassium
Carbohydrate choice = 1 choice
Join the conversation