- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Spread sugar in an even layer on baking sheet and pop into oven until edges of the sugar begin to caramelize.
- In a clean mixer bowl, start whipping egg whites on medium/low with a whisk attachment.
- When sugar caramelizes, remove from oven and start to slowly add in the sugar to the foamy whites.
- Reduce oven heat to 175 F and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Increase speed to medium and add in the rest of the sugar slowly.
- Whip one medium/high for 4-5 mins until meringue forms stiff peaks.
- Transfer meringue to a piping bag fitted with a tip of choice and pipe meringue kisses.
- Bake for 1 hour and then remove from oven. Cool before using.
- Add mascarpone and icing sugar into bowl and whisk for a minute on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly start adding in your heavy cream and whisk on medium until everything comes together. Do not up your speed high because it can get clumpy.
- When mixture starts to thicken, add in zests and lemon juice. Whip until stiff peaks.
- Store in fridge until ready to use. Do not more than 2 hours ahead.
- In a large trifle bowl, layer meringues.
- Top with a drizzle of lemon curd. Layer citrus fruits.
- Pipe or dollop on whip. Swirl gently with a narrow tool.
- Add mallows and cookies.
- Repeat again.
- Top with extra fruit and drizzle of curd.
- Set in fridge for 30 mins and serve. Can be served right away.
Join the conversation