1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease and line a 9”x9” baking pan.
2. Chop chocolate and melt it with the butter in a bowl over a pot of barely simmering water.
3. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and Guinness. Add to this the melted butter and chocolate, then finally add the all purpose flour and salt.
4. Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until the brownie starts to release slightly from the sides of the pan and the top surface has slight cracking.
5. Set aside to cool completely
***This must be done before brownie baking, so it can set***
1. Bring the whipping cream and Guinness up to a boil in a pot.
2. Put chopped chocolate in a large bowl and pour boiled cream/Guinness on top of it.
3. Whisk to combine, then cover with saran wrap directly on the surface. Either leave at room temperature to set for about an hour or so, or put in a shallow container in the refrigerator to set to spreadable consistency.
4. When the icing is spreadable consistency, proceed to frost the brownies. Cut and serve!
Join the conversation