Chef Stefano Faita shows us his favourite dessert of all time! An easy and moist Lemon Olive Oil Cake.
- 500 millilitres (2 cups) All-purpose flour
- 2.5 millilitres (1/2 tsp) Baking powder
- 2.5 millilitres (1/2 tsp) Baking soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 large Eggs
- 625 millilitres (2 1/2 cups) Granulated sugar
- 375 millilitres (1 1/2 cups) Extra virgin olive oil
- 375 millilitres (1 1/2 cups) Milk
- 3 Lemons zest
- Icing sugar for dusting
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1h 30min
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, olive oil, milk, and lemon zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared cake pan and bake, on the middle rack, for 90 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Invert the cake onto a cooling rack. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Dust the cake lightly with powdered sugar and serve.
Join the conversation