This is a super easy recipe that is perfect for summer!
- 235 g a/p flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 130 g full-fat sour cream
- 35 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 40 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 165 g room temperature butter unsalted
- 250 g sugar
- 3 room temperature eggs
- 100 g cranberries optional
1. Grease and line a 1 lb loaf pan with parchment.
2. Preheat oven to 375 F.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. To the bowl of your mixer, add in butter and sugar. Cream until light and fluffy.
5. Add in zests and eggs, continue to cream until super light. Mixture should be very pale.
6. Add in the juices, sour cream, and vanilla. Mixture may get kind of separated.
7. Once combined, detach bowl from mixer.
8. Fold in half of the dry ingredients until just combined. Then fold in the remaining.
9. Transfer to lined tin and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
Remember not to open the oven until the hour passes!
1. In a bowl, add melted butter, icing sugar, zest, and vanilla. Stir.
2. Slowly start to add in the water to loosen the icing.
3. Add food colour and pour over cooled loaf.
4. Let sit for 10 mins before cutting.
Join the conversation