Fortified Strawberry Syrup
- Boil the cream with half of the sugar
- Whip the eggs with the rest of the sugar, add the vanilla.
- Slowly add the cream to the eggs and return to the fire, stir constantly until the cream thickens (do not boil).
- Remove from heat and put it trough a fine mesh strainer into a bowl, do not touch until it’s cooled off completely.
Fortified Strawberry Syrup:
- Combine the water with the sugar and the strawberries, place on the stove and bring to a boil, cook for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Blend with a high speed blender and strain the seeds. Add as much fortification (liquor) as you like and set aside until needed.
- Mix the syrup and the sherry to your liking.
- Cut about one inch off the top of the panettone, excavate the interior leaving one and a half inch around the side and bottom, set aside to dry out.
- Chop the removed panettone into cubes and set aside.
- Start layering the ingredients inside the cavity of the panettone starting with a little fruit in the bottom followed by some of the panettone pieces, drizzle with some syrup then add English cream and a little whipped cream.
- Repeat the steps until all the cavity of the panettone is filled to the top.
- Dress up the top with whipped cream, chocolate shaving, berries and meringue.