These cannoli cones will please anyone who attends your potluck. To make it even easier, I’ve broken it down into steps that make prep and transport a breeze.
- If you can find small ice cream sugar cones that are already dipped in chocolate, then it will save you this step of the process. Prepare a parchment-lined baking sheet. Melt your chocolate in small a shallow, heat-safe bowl. Dip the top of each cone in melted chocolate. Dip the cone in sprinkles or chopped nuts, if using. Stand the cones with tips facing upright on the parchment-lined baking sheet, to set.
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and lemon or orange zest until combined. Gradually add 35% whipping cream and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add in your liqueur or cinnamon or nutmeg, if using, and incorporate. Fold in the mini chocolate chips, if using. Transfer the mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate.
- How to transfer: Place the cones in a large container in a single layer. Cream in an airtight container with an ice pack and then refrigerate when you get to the party. Also use a piping bag, a large measuring cup and spatula. Add extra sprinkles or chocolate chips to sprinkle on top before serving.
- When you get to your potluck, set up your cones on your cone display or serving plate. Fold your
piping bag or resealable plastic bag over a large measuring cup and using your spatula, scoop your filling into the pastry bag. Twist the bag at the top so the filling shoots out of the tip of the bag.
- Begin filling each cone with the filling until the filling is about 1 inch above the top of the cone. Continue until you have used all of your cones and filling. You can now add more mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts or sprinkles on top, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Join the conversation