Martha Stewart's caramel sauce
Pumpkin bread pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly butter eight one-cup (250 mL) ramekins. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and brown sugar.
- Beat in the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Add the ginger and the cubed bread and stir lightly. Let sit for five minutes.
- Stir the bread-egg mixture again to make sure the ginger is well distributed. Pour into the prepared ramekins. Place the ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring until the butter melts. Reduce heat so it is gently boiling and cook for five to seven minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and pour into a heat-safe jar. Cover and let cool to room temperature to serve. Any leftovers, store in the fridge for up to one week.
To assemble: Spoon out servings into small bowls and top with butterscotch sauce.