- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) PC Black Label cinnamon spice
- 2 cups (500 mL) sour cream
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) PC Black Label Normandy Style cultured butter unsalted
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) PC Black Label Madagascar Bourbon Pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 pkg (135 g) PC The Decadent Chocolate Ganache Pots
- fresh berries for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Stir 1/2 cup sugar with cinnamon in small bowl; set aside. Stir sour cream with baking soda in separate bowl; set aside.
3. Beat butter with remaining 2 cups sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in vanilla.
4. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in separate large bowl. Add to butter mixture and beat on low just until combined. Beat in sour cream mixture. Transfer a third of the batter to greased and floured 10-inch (3 L) Bundt pan, spreading evenly. Top with half of the cinnamon mixture. Add another third of the batter, spreading evenly. Top with remaining cinnamon mixture. Add remaining batter, smoothing top.
5. Bake until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto rack; let cool 20 minutes.
6. Remove and discard lids from ganache pots. Heat pots, 1 at a time, in microwave on high 10 to 12 seconds or until melted. Pour over cake. Garnish with berries (if using).
Chef’s Tip: If the cake begins to brown too quickly, arrange an oven rack in the top position and place a baking sheet on the rack. This helps shield the cake from the direct heat of the top element.
Join the conversation