1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer under fluffy and pale.
3) Add the egg, mix until combined. Add the water and molasses.
4) Sift all the dry ingredients.
5) On low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
6) Mix in the chopped candied ginger.
7) Roll the cookie dough into 2 inch balls and roll in turbanado sugar to coat.
8) Place the cookies on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake in the oven for 17 – 20 minutes until the tops crack and cookies are golden.
9) Rest on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to cooling rack.
Join the conversation