Did you know that Canadians eat 3.6 billion sandwiches a year and 61% of Canadians enjoy a sandwich once or more a week? Chef Raquel Fox joins us to show us how to make braised rib sliders with jerk au jus. This dish is a great way to switch up your everyday boring sandwich. Plus this slider is a great option for entertaining or sharing with friends!
Pickled Red Onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Season beef on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a wide-bottomed Dutch with oil, oven over medium-high heat. Add onion cut side down, celery, carrots, and sear ribs in batches on both sides for 3 minutes, per side.
- Transfer ribs to a side plate, add the stock to the pot, and deglaze the sediments at the bottom.
- Return the ribs to the pot, cover with lid, transfer to oven, and cook for 1 hour.
- Use oven mitts to remove the pot from the oven, discard vegetables, strain half the liquid, add to a small saucepan placed over medium-high heat, add jerk sauce bring to a boil, lower to simmer for 3 minutes, and keep warm.
- Shred the beef, add to a platter or bowl with the remaining liquid, and set aside.
- Assemble the sliders by spreading the mustard over the rolls, and divide the beef, onions cheese, and tops the sliders. Place sliders on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, and transfer back to oven until cheese melts for about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve the sliders at once with the Jerk Au Jus into ramekins for dipping.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add all ingredients to a saucepan, bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat.
- Place onions in a sterilized jar. Add cooled liquid to jar and cover tightly with lid. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
Join the conversation