Do you love calamari? If you answered yes, then why not give octopus a try?
Step out of your comfort zone with this mouthwatering recipe for braised terremolinos Spanish octopus, courtesy of chef Matt Dean Pettit. This delicious dish combines herbs and spices to make a savoury restaurant-quality meal. It’s so good, you’ll be adding octopus to your weekly meal plan in no time!
- Fill a large pot (large enough to hold the octopus) with water and bring to a boil. Add the octopus, shallot, tarragon and simmer for approx 30-45 minutes to ensure it’s tender.
- Remove the octopus from the pot and garnish with extra virgin olive oil and chopped garlic and let rest for 30 mins. At that point add the potatoes to the simmering octopus water. Cook for another 15 or until potatoes are tender.
- Carefully remove the potatoes once cooked and set aside to slightly cool before cutting into slices.
- Cut off each tentacle and in a large frying pan or grill, cook each side for 3-4 min.
- On a large serving dish spread the crushed tomatoes followed by the sliced potatoes and octopus tentacles. Garnish with fresh lemon, a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, paprika, mayo and micro greens.
Join the conversation