Why limit yourself to just one fan-favourite food when you can whip up the ultimate combination of two popular dishes? Chef Devan Rajkumar is here to show us how to make one of his favourites — butter chicken lasagna. This very unique fusion mashup is where India meets Italy! Get creative, use up some leftovers, and enjoy the flavours of the world with this simple savoury recipe (any time of the year!).
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 580 ml Just Sauce Butter Chicken Sauce
- 580 ml Just Sauce Marinara
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 360 grams lasagna sheets (fresh pasta)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add olive oil, ground chicken, salt, pepper, chili flakes and sauté until golden brown. Then stir in butter chicken sauce and remove from heat.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce then cover with a layer of fresh pasta.
- Add an even layer of butter chicken sauce, top with cheese and cover with another layer of fresh pasta.
- Add ricotta, basil leaves and another layer of lasagna sheets.
- Repeat step 4.
- Add marinara sauce, remaining mozzarella cheese and top with parmesan.
- Cover lasagna with one sheet of parchment paper and then with foil. Bake in the center of the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove lasagna from the oven, turn on broiler, remove foil and parchment, and broil top of lasagna until golden brown.
- Allow lasagna to cool for 15-20 minutes prior to serving.
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation