- 1 pkg (12 oz/375 g) uncooked rotini (regular, whole wheat or gluten-free)
- 2 cups chopped romaine hearts or chopped baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup halved or quartered grape tomatoes or chopped Roma (plum) tomatoes
- 8 slices nitrate-free bacon cooked and chopped
- ¾ cup frozen green peas thawed
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook rotini according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water (to stop the cooking action) and drain again. Transfer rotini to a very large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to cooked rotini and mix well. Add the prepared dressing (all of it) and mix again, until all ingredients are well coated. Serve immediately.
Per cup: 306 calories, 12.3 g total fat (2 g saturated fat), 16.5 g protein, 30.6 g carbohydrate (4.4 g fibre, 3.6 g sugars), 76 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium
Tip: Not crazy about poppy seed dressing? Use Ranch or Caesar dressing instead.
Some grated sharp cheddar makes it even beddar! But don’ t go crazy, please. The salad’s already pretty decadent 🙂
Recipe from Yum & Yummer cookbook.
Join the conversation